Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Spain and Florida


I went through the websites and I found it very hard to find something I would really like or consider very contemporary.  Some things were very traditional, some things were exciting but highly resonated the old European art scene.  One artist that I enjoyed was Miquel Barcelo whose work is shown below.  The marks are well elaborated and somewhat reminisces painting in the way they look and feel.  They are very gestural and I guess that's what I like about it.  I also like the way he draws the bed.  The sheet feels very rough, used, and old and the frame, which is fragile, juxtaposes the feeling or adds to the bed's vulnerability.  It's very expressive and dramatic which I like. 
When I "went" to Florida I found this garbage shown below.  So to sum it up it; Florida  was predictable and lame.

No comments: